|Genres||sludge, doom metal|
|Years active||2010 - 2015|
|Labels||Always Never Fun|
|Associated acts||Shock Futuro, Numbskull, Rogernomix, Scab, Shortlived|
|Members||James Quick (bass, vocals), Tony Pearson (drums, vocals), Sam Thurston (guitars)|
Meth Drinker formed in 2009/2010 with Tony, Sam and James keen to start a band playing slow, ugly, straight up sludge music, in the vein of Grief and Noothgrush, as something different from the faster D-beat and thrashcore it's members were playing in other bands. Meth Drinker released a self-titled album in 2011 in a pressing of 100 12” and 100 CDs through guitarist Sam's record label Always Never Fun Records but after making little effort to push the release the band went on hiatus as drummer Tony travelled overseas.
During this break Meth Drinker's releases and youtube vids were picked up a number of influential metal blogs and interest in the band began to increase leading to the first pressing of vinyl selling out. In 2012 a spilt 12” vinyl album was released with Hamilton's doom-sludge band Open Tomb. In 2013 a second edition of 300 Meth Drinker albums were pressed and in May the band embarked on a 27 show tour of Europe and Ireland with Graves at Sea and Dead Instrument.
- Meth Drinker/ Dead Instrument split, June 16, 2016, Drop Out Records
- Meth Drinker/ Leechfeast split, 2016
- Meth Drinker: Oil, 12"/ CD, December 2014, Always Never Fun Records/ Raw Birth Records
- Meth Drinker/ Moloch, split 12", May 2013
- Meth Drinker: Meth Drinker, 7", May 3 2013
- Meth Drinker/ Open Tomb, split 12" w/Open Tomb, 2012
- Meth Drinker: Meth Drinker 12" Album/ CD, 2011, Always Never Fun Records Records, 9 tracks
- Welcome To The Arse End of The World, 2010, compilation, Always Never Fun Records